What advantages are there in working with volunteers?
There are many advantages to working with volunteers. In general volunteers are excited, passionate, and whole-hearted. Most of all, I love the pure motive that volunteers have. In general, a volunteer is much more willing to serve because they believe in the cause they are working toward. This is why I love BYUSA so much. I almost always encounter volunteers who are excited about the prospect of serving in BYUSA because it is fun, enjoyable, and even more so, the BYUSA vision inspires those who serve with us.
What disadvantages are there in working with volunteers?
Volunteers sometimes lack commitment, expertise, and dependability. These problems only seem to exist when the volunteer does not have the proper motive.
How will you select and place volunteers?
I plan to select and place volunteers by first establishing detailed job descriptions so the volunteer will know exactly what they are getting themselves into. I will then seek out volunteers and get them set up with certain volunteer opportunities that match their interests and passions. Upon finding the perfect match, we will begin!
How will you train volunteers?
I plan to train my volunteers on a schedule. First, I will focus on the vision. By understanding the vision, we will be able to encourage that students be excited about service and the opportunities that BYUSA gives them to bless lives. I will then work to unify my team. After finishing those two duties, I will strive to teach the principles behind what we do in our area.
How will we reward and retain volunteers?
I really like rewarding volunteers with sincere thanks. I am a note-writing girl. I like to write notes and let individual's know of my love for them that way. I want to be better this year at finding out what I can do to recognize my team in the ways that they most like to be appreciated. I'm not sure what those ways are, but I am soon to find out. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment