Please describe how you feel you can apply the leadership lessons discussed during this session as a leader in you family.
I really enjoyed the portion of VP Scharman's lesson our need to discover where the Lord is taking me and how I can use my talents when I am there. I am so excited to be a mother someday and have the opportunity to find ways to use my talents along the way. If I am willing, I know the Lord will provide opportunities for me to be of service to those around me. I want to be the leader the Lord needs me to be, and always be willing to serve when called upon. At the end of the day, it is very important to keep my priorities straight so I can be the leader my Father in Heaven wants me to be.
Recognizing that you will meet and likely marry someone who will come from a somewhat different background and family than your own, please identify what you will do as a leader in your home to insure that you have a unified and successful family.
Lately, I have realized the importance of establishing your roles upfront. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have had to work in BYUSA this year and learn this lesson. In my future family, it will be important for us to establish what our roles are upfront, so we can be on the same page throughout our marriage. Also, I will need to make sure that love is at the center of what I do as a parent. I need to encourage my children in their dreams, and help them to be successful. It will also be important for me to have family dinner and go on trips, like VP Scharman suggested.
No comments:
Post a Comment