Bro. Jones described his career path and an experience where he received a recommendation from the President of Dixie State College. This recommendation came because of Bro. Jones reputation as someone who would follow through on any assignments he received. Please describe what practices you will engage to make sure that you are considered someone who is reliable in completing projects.
I want to always to make sure to set deadlines for myself so I can effectively follow through on the projects I need to get done. I want to be better at listening to the concerns of others and working to solve their problems when they ask me to, and not delaying until later. I am going to be better at setting deadlines for myself and letting others know what those deadlines are so they can be sure that I will prioritize and attend to their needs.
Bro. Jones mentioned the opportunities that he has had to be an example for those who are not members of the church and has been an influence for changing opinions about Mormons. Please describe how you will consider the opportunity to make friends for the Church as you start and grow your career.
I want to make friends for the church at a start and grow in my career by first striving to be an example of kindness to those around me. Being an amiable person can go a long ways. I want to be recognized as a hard working, honest employee that is kind and respectful towards all of my coworkers. By building relationships first, I can then open the door for Church discussions in a comfortable environment.
Bro. Jones described his work on the Festival of the American West. One aspect that made that event successful was the inclusion of many different people and allowing them to shine with their talents. Please explain how this concept of involving others and allowing them to utilize and showcase their talents relate to our practice of leadership in BYUSA and in the future.
In BYUSA, we are striving to build individuals and help them to have a good experience while here at BYU, so they can be prepared to go forth to serve. By delegating tasks to individuals who will be able to carry them out well, it allows them to shine, and allows the program's success to be greater as a whole.
In the future, I will be able to be more successful if I allow those with different talents to perform well in their roles. Teams are almost always more successful than themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment